Construction and Engineering
Our Construction & Engineering team has over 50 years’ experience of providing tailored insurance solutions to brokers, giving comprehensive end to end coverage for their clients’ construction insurance requirements.
We provide comprehensive insurance against physical loss or damage for a diverse range of building, civil engineering and mechanical and electrical projects, situated in Europe, during the course of construction or erection.
Our experience and flexible approach enables us to offer a broad product range from Single Project to Annual Policy provision, whether the solution required is an Owner Controlled Insurance Programme covering all parties, or Contractor driven covering contractors’ plant and equipment, or installation floater covers. In addition, we can provide Delay in Start-up for Single Projects and Third Party Liability insurance.
Our aim is to provide comprehensive and bespoke coverage within the policy for your clients’ needs extending to all involved parties and for the entire duration of the construction and erection period, including testing and commissioning phases until the project is complete, as well as providing on-going maintenance coverage.
Cover can include:
- Contractor’s plant and equipment
- Delay in Start-Up (in conjunction with Single Project Insurance to provide advance loss of profits/revenue or just for pure debt servicing costs)
- Primary Public Liability insurance (in conjunction with Single Project Insurance or Annual policies responding to requests for non-negligence as required under JCT clause 21.2.1 or similar construction contracts)
Examples of Construction Projects
We can typically provide coverage for the following types of construction projects:
- Buildings (residential; commercial; retail; leisure; public sector including hospitals, schools, prisons, police and fire stations; landmark and high rise buildings; stations)
- Civil Engineering (railways, airports and runways, motorway road and structures, tunnels and bridges, harbour development, on-shore pipelines)
- Erection All Risks (for water and sewage treatment plants, desalination plants, waste to energy risks, power generation risks for coal, gas or by renewable sources, food and drink industry, metal industry, mining equipment, manufacturing risks)
Private Financed Initiatives including financier’s requirements, for any building, civil engineering or machinery driven risk which is conducted through a private Finance Initiative
- Annual Covers – Coverage for Contractors and Engineering Insurances for general builders and specialist trade contractors
- Risk Surveys and Loss Control – Value added service provided via our partnership arrangements underpinning our construction and engineering insurance solutions
Please contact us to discuss your construction and engineering insurance requirements in more detail:
Sales and Development
Head of Business Development – UK & Ireland
Tel: +44 (0)161 817 8009
UK Construction Underwriting Manager
Tel: +44 (0)161 817 8009
Senior Construction Underwriter
Tel: +44 (0)161 817 8094
Tel: +44 (0)161 817 8095